Friday 29 March 2013

Essie Nail Polish Haul



Recently I bought my first ever Essie polishes.  I had never heard of this brand until I saw Lilly Pebbles, Anna from Vivianna Does Make up and Hannah (snowdrop85) talking about the brand on YouTube. I am so glad I decided to give Essie a go as I have been pleasantly surprised and quite impressed.

I bought the "IT" polish Mint Candy Apple which is a lovely pastel mint colour which I love and I can see why many other people do to. It's not too bright and its not too dull. It's just perfect.

Tart Deco is a pastel peach colour which again I really like. It goes really well with my skin tone and reminds me of spring. It is probably my favourite.

Lapiz of Luxury is a pastel blue colour which is so pretty.

Lilacism is a pale lilac which I was not sure if I would l like it but it is actually much nicer than I thought it would be. I have worn it under Nails Inc's graffiti polish and it looked great. It is quite a pale shade of lilac and not one I have seen anywhere else.

Bikini So Teeny is a pastel lilac with a shimmer through it.  Although when it is on your nails you don't really notice the shimmer it just looks like a pastel lilac.

Essie polishes are thicker than i thought they would be which is great. You only need to use two coats of your chosen Essie polish and your nails are perfectly opaque. I am now obsessed with their pastel colours and so glad I bought them. I have not been able to find such unique pastel colours from anywhere else so far. They have a great selection of colours. I ordered mine from Superdrug as I could not find Essie polishes in my local Boots or Superdrug stores. 

Some people say that Essie polishes don't last very long without a top coat. If I don't wear a top coat I find that any nail polish just chips away much more easily.  Therefore, I think it is really important that you wear a top coat if you want polish to last. I don't think that Essie polish is worse at chipping than any other polish and actually I have found it very hard wearing.

I was a bit worried about whether this polish would live up to the hype  but now I understand why people rave about it. 

An added bonus with the polishes that I bought is that these pastel colours are a perfect match to the new Nails Inc Feather polishes so you can wear them together to create such a cute spring look.

I now understand why everyone has been going on about the brush on the Essie range which is available at Boots and Superdrug. It is quite wide so provides great coverage and very smooth application.

Overall, I am very happy with my Essie purchases. Does anyone have any other Essie polishes that they would recommend?










No comments:

Post a Comment