Thursday 23 May 2013

Revlon Nail Art Expressionist Nail Polish Duos


A few weeks ago I bought four of the new Revlon Nail Art Expressionist Nail Polish duos. I was really excited about trying them out as I had seen them featured in a Sunday newspaper supplement magazine and thought "ooh new nail art tools". Unfortunately, I found these products really disappointing which was surprising as I am a huge fan of Revlon's top coat and glitter polishes. 

They are priced at £5.99 for each nail art duo. One end of the product is a base colour with a normal sized polish brush. The other end of the product is the nail art end which has a thinner brush which is meant for intricate decorating. I found that the base colours applied extremely thinly so you would need at least three coats of polish for proper coverage. What I found even more disappointing was that the thin brushes which are meant for painting intricate detail were not much use at all. These thin brushes just did not seem to be thin enough to create patterns like zebra print. The thin brushes also splayed at the end so you could not try to shape a really thin sharp point to paint with. The polish from this end of the product also covered very thinly so more than one coat would be needed which is not ideal for intricate patterns. This is a major flaw for these products. 

I have a black models own nail art pen/thin brush and it is amazing compared to these Revlon nail art duos. The models own product enables you to paint intricate patterns and the end of the brush does not splay. I wish I had spent my money buying more of the models own nail art pens/thin brushes rather than these Revlon products.

Overall, I do not think that that this product was worth £5.99.  It is a real shame as this could have been amazing. 

Have you tried the Revlon Nail Art Expressionist Duos? If so, what did you think of them?


No comments:

Post a Comment