Wednesday 10 July 2013

Models Own Splash Collection Polish - Red Sea


I had vowed to stay away from Models Own's Splash collection but I couldn't resist when I saw their Red Sea polish and hoped that it would impress rather than disappoint. I painted this polish over a black base which did look really really pretty. This polish has a sheer red base with iridescent purple, gold and red flakes of glitter. Unfortunately, I found that if I wanted lots of glitter on my nails I would have to paint on several coats and also place flecks of glitter where I wanted them. The actual polish itself tends to flood your nails without applying much glitter. So you end up with a heck of a lot of polish and not much glitter even if you find strategic ways to apply it. This means you nails go a bit bumpy and take ages to dry.

As pretty as the glitter is I don't think the end result looked very good. I think I will be staying away from the rest of the Splash collection which is a shame as I was willing it to be good. 

If you have tried polish from the Models Own Splash collection how did you find it was to apply?













No comments:

Post a Comment