Tuesday 24 March 2015

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Review

I got my Amazon Kindle Paperwhite on Christmas Day and I haven't been able to put it down since. I have absolutely fallen in love with it. I never thought I would love it as much as I actually do.

I originally felt that purchasing a kindle was unnecessary as I read books on my iPhone. However, it had made reading books digitally so much more pleasurable. I also think it has increased the speed at which I read books and increased the amount of books that I read greatly.

The Kindle itself is extremely easy to navigate. Even my mum managed to use her Kindle and she is not so good with technology. It is really easy to make the font larger or smaller, to adjust the brightness for reading in different light levels and to purchase books. The books available on Amazon Kindle are often cheaper than on iBooks. There is also a wider range of books and all of the classics are either free or cost £0.99. 

I have found that the kindle is a great size to carry around and so easy to hold as it's not to heavy. You also don't need to hold it too close to your face. I found that it is a lot better for reading in bed than the iPhone. You can really read the Kindle comfortably at any angle which I love. 

The battery on the Kindle lasts for a really long time unlike the iPhone which used to be drained when I read books on it.

Another bonus with the Amazon Kindle is that it calculates your reading speed and you can choose to have the time and percentage left in the book displayed at the bottom of the screen. I love this as I find it encourages me to read books to the end and feel a sense of achievement. 

When you turn your kindle off there are very cute screen savers which do not appear to drain your battery in any way. I know this is just an aesthetic feature but I love it.

I am not sure how I lived without my Kindle and sometimes just find myself wanting to carry it around because I love it so much which is a tad embarrassing. It is definitely one of the best pieces of technology I have ever acquired. I highly recommend it.

Do you have an Amazon Kindle? What do you think of it? Have you been pondering whether to buy one?

No comments:

Post a Comment